Brass alloys, or brasses, are alloys of copper and zinc. Available in several variations, brass is commonly used to make musical instruments, valves, casings, doorknobs, electrical features, and other fittings. At Interstate Metal Inc, we have a variety of brass tubes in our inventory, including those made of C26000, C26800, C27200 and C33000
What is a Brass Tube?
In addition to sheets, plates, and bars, brass is also available in tube form. Brass tubes come in various lengths, wall thicknesses, and diameters to fit the needs of different applications, such as interior design and other metal fabrication projects.
Depending on the alloy, brass typically consists of approximately 65% copper and 35% zinc, resulting in a material that offers various beneficial properties, including corrosion resistance, toughness, hardness, formability, and more. However, it’s important to note that the higher the zinc content, the lower the corrosion resistance. Because of this, it’s important to consider the environment of your particular application when choosing the best brass tube material.
Benefits of Brass Tubes
Brass tubes offer a wide range of benefits that make them a popular choice in various industries and applications. Key advantages of brass tubes include:
- Corrosion resistance. Brass offers relatively good resistance to corrosion, making it suitable for use in certain harsh environments.
- Strength. Brass tubes have moderately high strength and offer a long lifespan.
- Ductility. Brass tubes are extremely ductile, meaning they can easily be formed into several different shapes to fit unique needs.
- Forming characteristics. Due to brass’s exceptional machinability and ductility, certain compositions can be easily shaped by rolling, deep drawing, pressing, and machining.
- Tensile properties. As a result of cold working, brass tubes can feature improved tensile properties.
- Cost-effective. Compared to other copper-based alloys, brasses are more affordable.
Types of Brass Tubes
At Interstate Metal. Inc, our inventory includes several types of brass tubes to accommodate our customers’ unique project requirements. Our brass tube offerings include:
Brass Tube Applications
Manufacturers prefer using brass tubes in various applications due to their unique properties, such as corrosion resistance, ductility, and more. Some of the typical brass tube applications include:
- Decoration/aesthetic purposes
- Musical instruments
- Electrical components
- Various fittings
Brass Tubes from Interstate Metal
If you’re interested in getting custom brass tubes for your projects, look no further than Interstate Metal, Inc. In addition to our extensive inventory of brass tubes, we can also cut brass materials to your specifications using our precision waterjet machinery, shears, bar saws, and plate saws. Using this equipment, we can achieve tolerances of +/- 0.005″ while eliminating the need for additional machining.
Interstate Metal, Inc. has been in the metal industry for over 30 years. Over these years, we have maintained our dedication and commitment to providing quality services for our clients. For more information about our brass tubes and other capabilities, don’t hesitate to contact us today. You can also request a quote to get started on your brass tube solution.